An Evaluation of Used Toyota Vehicles Certification Plan
What are the advantages of buying a used certified Toyota versus a regular used Toyota? A Review of the Toyota used cars certification process and benefits.
Comparing the benefits of buying a used certified Toyota with a regular used Toyota vehicles.
There are various advantages to buying used certified vehicles from a dealer. Most if not all automobile manufacturers have certification programs but all these programs are slightly different from one manufacturer to the other. In this article you will be able to evaluate the used Toyota vehicles certified program for what the qualifications are for certification as well as the advantages.
Qualifications for Used Toyota vehicles
Every automobile maker has a fundamental set of rules for the least qualifications of status of pre-owned cars certification. The basic rules for all manufacturers include limits for age and mileage. Each vehicle must also pass a wide-ranging inspection for vehicle. Some of those qualification requirements are given below.
- Toyota automobile should not be more than 6 years old
- The car must not have done more than 85,000 miles
- Should pass a 160-point appearance and mechanical inspection by experienced and professional Toyota technicians.
Used Toyota vehicles certified Warranty Coverage
A brand new Toyota vehicle comes with 3 year or 36,000 mile warranty. If the used vehicle bought has less than 3 year or 36,000 mile status, the remaining of the warranty for that vehicle will be applicable and can be availed by the buyer. A certified pre-owned Toyota vehicle comes with a 7 year or 100,000 mile power train warranty, from the original in-service date.
For instance, if the brand new in-service date were exactly 5 years ago, there would be 2 years remaining on the power train warranty.
What Are Covered By Power Train Warranty
Power train warranty includes engine, drive axle components, transmission, and hybrid components.
The used Toyota automobiles that are certified also come with an added 3 month or 3,000 mile all inclusive non-power train equipment coverage from the purchase date of certified used car purchase.
There is another 7 year or 100,000 mile roadside assistance that comes with every certified used vehicle of Toyota used cars. The roadside assistance program includes reimbursement for the towing to the nearest dealer. Other common roadside services like fuel delivery, flat tires, jump start, and lockout are also included in this roadside assistance.
Major advantages of purchasing a Certified Used Toyota Vehicles
- Lower rates of financing as compared than used cars (http://www.sbtjapan.com/) that are non-certified.
- For reconditioning, parts that are used are original parts manufactured by Toyota.
- It comes with free Car Fax used vehicle history report in which you can find possible salvage, flood damage, lemon law cases, odometer problems, and fire history.
- The depth of tire tread should be 5/32nd or better all over the tire or otherwise tire must be changed.
- Brake lining should be at least 50% remaining or they must be changed.
There are definitely some benefits for purchasing a certified used Toyota vehicles. A brand new vehicle which is leased could also be one more option for a lower monthly payment. If you are planning on trading in a vehicle to reduce the monthly payment you can find lots of information on World Wide Web.